Sunday 6 April 2014

Hello tutor. I am doing an assignment on Texas government. It would be great if I can get answers from you so that I can get inspiration to start...

An example of an interest group that has an active chapter in Texas related to my career would be the Texas Council for the Social Studies. This group is affiliated with the national organization called the National Council for the Social Studies. The Texas Council for the Social Studies works to promote social studies education in the state of Texas. This group lobbies legislators to pass laws and develop policies that promote and support social studies education in Texas. The group also publishes newsletters to keep its members informed and helps teachers gain access to high-quality social studies lessons. The Texas Council for the Social Studies holds an annual conference for social studies teachers each year. At this conference, teachers can meet textbook publishers, network with other social studies teachers, attend sessions to gain ideas that can be applied in the classroom, and hear from well-known speakers about various topics.

If I lived in Texas, I would be a member of this group, and I would be active in it. I am active in my state council, as I hold two important leadership positions in it. I also am active in the national council and have held and currently hold important leadership positions. The Texas Council for the Social Studies benefits all social studies educators in the state of Texas, whether they are or are not members. This group may also work with other professional groups to support issues beneficial to educators in general in Texas or at the national level.


I will very briefly answer the second question since the first question had many parts to it. One way to deal with free riders is to have a password protected, members-only section on the organization’s website. Many groups do this to encourage people to join the group. Some of the more relevant and useful information may be in this section. I am not a free rider. I am a member who pays dues to be in the organization, and I hold two leadership positions in my state council. We communicate with our members to make them aware of legislation that may impact them. We also support social studies activities for students in our state and offer student scholarships to our annual state conference. We work closely with our state education department to promote social studies education in the state. We also work with the national council to promote social studies issues at the national level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In "By the Waters of Babylon," under the leadership of John, what do you think the Hill People will do with their society?

The best place to look for evidence in regards to what John's plans are for his people is the final paragraphs of the story. John has re...