Thursday 19 June 2014

Do you think what is currently being done in your community adequately promotes social and environmental justice?What more could be done to...

My first response when I read this question was a simple "no." However, upon reflection, I'd have to say that I don't know, and that leads to the second half of my response. I follow politics, and am somewhat active in organizations and activities that try to make the world a better place. I should know if there is enough done in my community. Since I don't, I think it is important to reach an...

My first response when I read this question was a simple "no." However, upon reflection, I'd have to say that I don't know, and that leads to the second half of my response. I follow politics, and am somewhat active in organizations and activities that try to make the world a better place. I should know if there is enough done in my community. Since I don't, I think it is important to reach an agreement about what these things mean. What is social justice? What is environmental justice? A range of mediated and live discussion options exist to explore these questions, and I'd suggest using them all. I would definitely include some live town hall meetings, and would seek to facilitate shared understanding and agreement on these questions.


After that, the next goal would be to hold similar discussions about goals and methods. What should be done, and how should it be done? It seems that a consensus on the answers to these questions is ideal, and an agreement among a majority of the population is the minimum that must exist.


So, I don't know, let's find out, and talk until we reach agreements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In "By the Waters of Babylon," under the leadership of John, what do you think the Hill People will do with their society?

The best place to look for evidence in regards to what John's plans are for his people is the final paragraphs of the story. John has re...